Colors from the garden.
This past week, I…
- gave thanks for increased rejuvenation and rest.
- praised God for community. Dinner and tea with church friends filled my heart with joy + gratitude. Their serving hearts and desire to listen to us made me feel deeply loved + cared for. Their wisdom was edifying and life giving.
- praised God for His faithfulness. Talking to our friends about the past 5 months allowed us opportunity and space to see and articulate how God has worked consistently and deeply. Sometimes, the day to day, it’s individual needs and what it takes out of me, keeps me from reflecting on the big picture. The big picture displays God’s love + faithfulness in a more full, whole manner. It is amazing how much joy, thankfulness + growth can be reclaimed, just by speaking. I pray that what I say is uplifting + encouraging to others.
- listened to people who have been working to bring justice to under resourced communities for a long, long time. Was blessed to sit at their feet and listen. Teachable hearts.
- deeply thankful for M. His support + serving heart teaches, uplifts and encourages me.
Looking forward into this week, I pray for:
- (continuing to pray for): humility to rely on God for strength, patience + wisdom in what commitments to take on/scheduling. I cannot do it by self reliance. I will sink! Praying to give all that up to God.
- Seek His kingdom first, in all things. When we forget to make God the center of all we do, it becomes about ourselves. When I forget to make God the center of all I do, I make it about myself. Less of me, more of You.
- continued growth in releasing to God: “all prayer will end in praise…are you happy enough to be a weeper? Are you assured of the glory enough to not be afraid to weep in repentance?…are you happy enough to get involved in the lives and the hurts of the people of the city…if you are, the tears you experience will produce a harvest of joy for the people around you – and for your own heart” – Tim Keller