Little people, big hearts. I made a pepperoni pizza smiley face to make you happy, she said.
I say, YOU make me happy!
Lunch. Baby kale, shaved carrots, sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese, avocado + oregano olive oil. Hazelnut happy crunchiness. crunch crunch.
After work chai + chia. Grocery list generating. Smiles on heart + face.
Sore left hip. Yoga. Warm + quietly difficult. No sore hip in the morning!
Handsome coffee + homemade breakfast burrito. Made by loving hands.
Sweet breads from the bakery. Lord, grow, pour into, encourage him.
Ice cream math.
Date night crazy chili crab. Dense yet fluffy beignets. Truly delicious. But also vengeful!
Flowers for loving grandparents. 할아버지, 할머니, I love you. Thank you for showing me what faith, love and gentleness look like, modeled in daily living. Small decisions made in obedience paint a rich life of joy in the Lord.
Small table, small apartment. Every thing has a place in this home – each lovingly, thoughtfully placed by soft hands.
This past week, I…
- carried with me the feelings of being overwhelmed from last week
- recognized the causes of the feelings shifted due to external circumstances (see below)
- was reminded of the brevity of life when my grandfather was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia.
- felt helpless when my strong, hard-working mom felt ill (hypertension)
- found joy in the week spending time with friends + grandparents
- did not spend enough intentional time with God
- grieved for the injustice around me.
- so many, many tears.
- was so deeply grateful for community. A precious sister + mentor took the time out of her busy, busy day to speak truth + life. Even with little children needing her attention. Sometimes, when external circumstances are piling up around you, it’s hard to have clarity. The lies of the enemy easily seep in, making you feel weak, inadequate, overwhelmed + unworthy of grace and love. Lord, thank You for placing wise, thoughtful, truly loving women in my life.
Looking forward into this week, I pray for:
- refreshment + rejuvenation from the Lord. Freedom in Him.
- understanding once again the meaning of grace. Having humility enough to accept grace.
- the discipline and desire to spend intentional time with God
- His gentleness to help me cast off + release the burdens to Him
- healing: grandpa + mom
- justice, protection, deep healing + abundance of love in the lives of those around me.
- a loving, encouraging, gentle heart. Lord, pour into me and strengthen me, let me cast off the heaviness to You, so that I may pour into those around me, and love them with the love You give me.
“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
God will give His people the power to obey Him.